- £22,440 per annum - Permanent
Reports to: Adjudicator Manager/
Senior Resolution Adviser (for operational matters)
Job Purpose: To assess all complaints that have completed the Firm’s Internal Complaints Procedure, identify and negotiate a resolution where suitable producing a written resolution to those complaints.
For complaints not suitable for resolution; to facilitate the smooth transition of the complaint from receipt of the final viewpoint letter through to allocation to a team Adjudicator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- For directly received complaints:
- determine if the complaint falls within the Terms of Reference and to respond/progress accordingly.
- progress a complaint that falls within the Terms of Reference to a stage where it can be either resolved by the Assessment and Resolution stage or passed to a team Adjudicator for a Case Review.
For those cases that are considered possible to resolve:
- Produce a reasoned argument and correspond by letter or telephone with both parties, as appropriate.
- Accurately file all documentation.
- Inform the Membership Department of any appropriate changes to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Produce letters and documentation according to Office procedures.
- Refer to other members of staff for advice when appropriate.
- Act and comply in accordance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably allocated from time to time as assigned by the Ombudsman.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent letter writing skills
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain rapport with challenging consumers and agents.
- Ability to supply clear explanations of rationale
- Ability to assimilate and analyse large volumes of written material
- Ability to consistently pay attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative to identify required information to resolve the complaint
- Strong planning and organising skills; including problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure to meet team targets.
- Computer literate
Similar Job Vacancies
If you're looking for a new job, follow us on TwitterSignup for Jobs on Twitter
Does your business need a new star to help you grow? Let us show you how to find the best of the best.Candidate search