- £22,000 - £27,000 per annum - Permanent
Join a company with a strong market presence at the forefront of interior styling within the hospitality sector for the last 30 years and secure an excellent opportunity for a successful career.
Due to continued growth the following position is available.
Project Estimator - Furniture Team
Reporting to The Estimating Manager of our successful and rapidly expanding Furniture team, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for planning and scheduling the design, purchasing, manufacturing and the supply of a wide range of bespoke furniture.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Working with our in-house specialists and external suppliers to design and specify furniture elements for commercial projects.
- Costing all elements of materials and activity, taking into account operating costs, to produce estimates on which to base and pursue a profitable and successful business strategy.
- To ensure purchasing and procurement strategies and procedures are followed and strictly adhered to, with adequate records and information recorded and easily available.
- To follow established working practices that control the flow of work through the business ensuring all qualitative and quantitative targets are met or bettered
- Building and managing relationships with suppliers particularly key suppliers, understanding fully their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Placing purchase orders in a timely fashion, agreeing recording all details, particularly product, quantities, timescale and cost
A good understanding of business processes and procedures, in particularly control, is essential for this position. Applicants will have at least 2/3 years experience demonstrating how they have gained this experience and used it effectively in previous positions.
The ideal applicant will have a flexible, enthusiastic, practical and organised manner with attention to detail. Meeting time-scales will be important to them. They will also have a keen eye for design, how the elements of a structure fit together, it’s integral strength and aesthetics.
Candidates must be able to use standard office software, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. Previous experience with Photoshop, Solidworks or any other design oriented software would be an advantage but full training will be given.
A good understanding of and ability to use the Internet effectively is essential. A design related qualification would be an advantage. They must also be prepared to travel and attend site
A full driving licence will be needed.
Comprehensive training in all aspects of our exciting and constantly evolving industry is provided in order to develop your skills to their full potential, along with a competitive salary and pension.
This position would best suit someone living within a 60 minutes commute of Salisbury.
If this opportunity excites you please respond with your CV and full contact details to Phil 01722 327241 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar Job Vacancies
- Assembly Technician Salisbury
- Experienced Carpenter Salisbury
- Junior Joinery Finisher Salisbury
- General Warehouse Assistants (Temp, ad-hoc) Salisbury, Sixpenny Handley
If you're looking for a new job, follow us on TwitterSignup for Jobs on Twitter
Does your business need a new star to help you grow? Let us show you how to find the best of the best.Candidate search